Meet Alto The world’s first digital high‑throughput benchtop SPR system.
Accelerate your drug discovery with Alto
Industry-Leading Data Quality
- Minimize noise and dispersion;
- The fastest rise times at <0.1s
- Only 2μL required for full kinetics
- Analyze crude samples with ease
High-Throughput Powered by Automation and AI
- 16 channels, intelligent assay design/optimization, automated serial dilutions
- Fully compatible with plate & liquid-handling robots
- Free of high-maintenance fluidic components and obsolete software
*Alto is capable of supporting operation in GXP and 21 CFR Part 11 in compliance with regulatory demands.
Alto is the world’s first SPR instrument to integrate digital microfluidics (DMF), artificial intelligence (AI), and nanotechnology.
DMF technology enables all fluidics to be disposable, allowing for precise handling of 2μL sample volumes, crude sample compatibility and zero maintenance. Alto’s compatibility with automation for both hardware and software provides sample-in/answer-out data, industry leading throughput, and 24/7 runtime.
Every aspect of Alto is designed with user-friendliness and accessibility in mind—from the flexible 16 channel design to the intuitive data analysis platform.
What is Digital Microfluidics?
DMF is a liquid-handling technology capable of accurately controlling and manipulating discrete nanodroplets with electricity on a standard microwell plate.
DMF fluidic handling technology removes the need for any physical pumps, valves, or tubes and replaces them with a low cost disposable cartridge, providing higher data quality and less hands-on time.
How does SPR work with DMF?
We’ve integrated our proprietary localized surface plasmon resonance (LSPR) sensors into DMF cartridges - creating 16 independently addressable channels on a single cartridge.
Advantages of using DMF-powered SPR
- Decoupling of flow rate and sensor position from dispersion, increasing data quality
- 500X less sample volume required— get full kinetics from a 2μL sample volume
- Decoupling of interaction time from sample volume, increasing assay flexibility
- Automated serial dilutions—reducing human error and saving time
Alto Cartridge The first‑ever DMF‑powered SPR system
Alto Cartridges have completely revolutionized the interaction of fluidics and SPR sensors by integrating them into one disposable microwell plate.
- Kinetics/Affinity Characterization
- Kinetics/Affinity Screening
- Competition Assays
- Yes/No Binding
- Concentration Analysis
- Epitope Mapping/Binning
- Nucleic Acids
- Small Molecules
Alto Software Cloud-based and AI powered to streamline your experiments
Alto features an end-to-end software suite that is powered by AI, built directly into the instrument, reduces hands-on time, and leverages the power of the cloud.
Ready to accelerate your drug discovery with Alto?
Nicoya is a Canadian biotechnology company whose mission is to improve human life by helping scientists succeed. Using nanotechnology, digital microfluidics and artificial intelligence, Nicoya created Alto—the world’s first digital, high-throughput, benchtop SPR instrument. Nicoya supports hundreds of leading biotechnology and pharmaceutical organizations to accelerate their next big discovery.